Irina Pension *** (Desești)
At Pensiunea Irina you will feel at home, whether you spend a weekend or a full vacation here.
The hosts, a family of young and welcoming people, will be happy to greet you with a glass of “horinca” and a joke and introduce you to the warm atmosphere of the house and of the village, as members of their family.
Pension Irina offers you all the advantages of a modern home in the middle of an area where traditions have been kept unaltered and are part of people’s daily lives.
The 8 guest bedrooms have double beds, color TV (cable network), private bathroom – shower and hot water at all times.
Pension Irina has secure parking spaces in the yard. The courtyard is generous, equipped with a barbecue, a gazebo and a terrace for relaxing and outdoor dining. And because we are talking about serving food, all we can tell you is that the dishes prepared with love by Irina will always be delicious and fresh, from local ingredients and according to traditional recipes.
Being located in the center of Maramureș, Deșesti is the ideal place from where you can start hiking to any of the tourist objectives of the ecotourism destination Eco Maramureș. The wooden church Cuvioasa Paraschiva in Desești – a UNESCO monument – is located less than 1 km from the pension.
Access to the other attractions in the wider area of historic Maramureș is easy, and your host will gladly provide information about the tourist objectives in the area and the right tourist experiences for each of you.
- Free WiFi internet access
- Barbecue facilities
- Terrace, garden
- Private parking
- Irina Oancea, the housewife, will constantly prepare delicious Maramures dishes with fresh products from the peasant households in the area. Here you will always find homemade bread prepared by Irina herself.
- BICYCLE RENTAL – 10 bicycles
- tourists can make trips through the wonderful Maramureș with the horse-drawn carriage in summer, and in winter with the horse-drawn sleigh – additional cost
- MUSICAL EVENING – with the children’s folk ensemble Coconii de pe Mara and other artists from Maramureș – additional cost
- TRADITIONAL COSTUME – tourists can dress in folk costumes to better integrate into the atmosphere of Maramures, for free
- MOUNTAIN GUIDE – one day trips to Cheile Tătarului, Creasta Cocoșului, Iezerul Mare, Morărenilor and Chendroaiei, climbing on Creasta Cocosului and complex hiking in Maramureș Mountains and Rodna Mountains, at over 1900 m altitude – additional cost
- The property offers transfer services from / to the airport or train station – additional cost
- Holiday tickets are accepted
- Payment by card is accepted
Irina Pension received the Eco Romania certificate for good practices in eco-tourism and it supports the development of the Eco Maramureș destination as a partner.